Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Last Chapter, with notes from Ginger

Jonathon helps labeling.
Ginger Kirk's last entry to her prayer team relayed how she and Bev completed the trip after deciding to stay an extra week:
  • over 7600 books were catalogued
  • with the help of many Santiago Christian Academy folk, each book was also labeled and shelved (in order, of course)
  • Over 3000 books were culled and will be "recycled" however the school decides.
  • The biographies and easy reader books will still have to be done by the SCA library volunteers 
  • As Ginger states, "We give praise to the Lord for giving Bev, Tia and I the opportunity to do what could be done for the school and its' library, and most especially, for the kids who attend school there, who can can go to the library computer and actually find the books they want."
My last two books entered.


As for myself, this experience proved excellent and exhausting and absolutely enriching.  I loved the work--even though it's been a while since I've sat at a computer and just worked a straight 9- or 10-hour day of "manual" labor. I love books! I love books for kids and libraries, too!  I thank the Lord for this opportunity and I thank Bev and Ginger for sharing the experience with me--they were great roommates, by the way.




The "before" and the "after"

No comments:

Post a Comment